Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Lausanne

The first week of June, Erin had to go to Lausanne for work for a few days, and I decided to tag along. Lausanne is one of our favourite places we've been. On the hills above Lake Geneva, it's one of the most picturesque places in Switzerland, and that's saying a lot.

We arrived tuesday night and stayed until Thursday evening. While Erin was working I was able to explore the city a little. Having already been here a few times before, there wasn't much left for me to explore, but it's still nice wandering around the steep, cobblestone streets of the old town, and along the Quai d'Ouchy along Lausanne's waterfront.

On Tuesday, I spent some time checking out the city before heading down to the lake, where I walked along the Quai until I found a quiet little pebbled beach to read and go for a quick swim. The weather was great; mid-20's and sunny. After Erin got off work, we had a nice dinner at the Thai restaurant in our hotel and walked the meal off with a hike through town at night.

Wednesday, Erin was stuck working again, so I made a visit to the Olympic Museum. I've visited the museum a few times, and always find it enjoyable. They have a permanent collection with memorabilia from athletes past, as well as all the torches, medals, etc. used from every Olympics.

Unfortunately, that was it for this quick trip, and we were back to Konstanz that night. Lausanne, as usual, was beautiful, and hopefully we can make it back there again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment